Ron Truitt

The backsplash has yet to be done since we are going to replace the tile
on it. We have the tile but lack the time until next weekend.

The existng trim on the countertop was 1x2 oak that had the top edge,
along with the laminate edge, chamfered with a router. I just used my
router to run over the new laminate and it worked fine except for the
dead ends into a wall. There I gingerly used a belt sander. It would
be easy to screw up the belt sander part if you are not careful.

The nice part is, the kitchen looks amazingly better for not much money
and no tear out or trashing of the old countertop.

The Formica company web site has all the basic instructions.

RonT