Leo Van Der Loo

Sanford the basic Oneway tightens with the tommy bars, the Oneway-Talon
uses the machined chuck key, has a better grip and is recommended for
lathe work up to 16", the Oneway-stronghold is recommended for the
larger turnings.
The Talon jaws and other accessories do fit the basic Oneway and vise
versa, but they do not fit the Oneway-Stronghold.
Whatever fits the other chuck makes I am not positive about that

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

Sanford Imhoff wrote:
Thanks to all of you...this is a great assortment of advice. I'm sorry I
didn't reply to the group sooner but I have just returned from a weekend of
travel.

It looks like the option of a cheaper scroll (e.g., Penn State) can be ruled
out.

A couple of follow up questions....

I want to confirm that my Oneway jaws could be used on Teknatool products. I
was in our local Woodcraft store last summer and purchased a set of Nova
jaws for the Oneway as I was convinced (in the store) that these were the
same as Oneway. However, when I tried them they wouldn't fit...are you
saying they will go the other way? (Oneway Nova, but not Nova Oneway?)
I looked at a close up picture of the Nova chuck and I don't see the safety
groove for the pin in my #1 Oneway jaw. If it were to fit I might be tempted
by the Super Nova 2, but, I also don't see a pin groove in its face that
would allow my Oneway jaws to be used on it, either.

Second question...is the Talon up to the same grip level as the Oneway
chuck? As I read it, this is a chuck for mini-lathes.

"Sanford Imhoff" wrote in message

Hello all. First time poster I own a Sorby lathe that I bought some years
ago when Farris Machinery was a US distributor. Due to a move the lathe

had

been in storage for some years. Now that I have a shop I'm getting back

into

turning. I currently use a Oneway chuck and have generally turned smaller
items...currently Christmas ornaments.

It has become annoying and time consuming to switch back and forth between
the one inch and two inch jaws and have decided to make another chuck
purchase to avoid the hassle. I've considered (a) another Oneway, body

only,

which would allow me to use the jaws I already have (just the 1 and 2

inch);

(b) a cheaper Penn State scroll chuck that comes with a 1 and 2" jaw set,
or, (c) upgrade to a larger chuck and use the Oneway as my secondary

chuck.

Anybody gone through the same thing or have any words of advice? Thanks in
advance for your help.