anonymous

Darrell Feltmate wrote:

Paul
I do not think that my church is a rarity, but I do agree that too many
Christians are a selfrighteous, unforgiving bunch that gives a lie to the
whole faith.

Darrell,
My understanding is that one half of the congregation is there as a test of
the loyalty (to God) of the other half. I rather suspect that which group I
am a member of depends heavily on which group the observer is a member
of ... with neither side of the aisle claiming me.

Oh well. I'm not there to please man but to please God.

And I must be doing okay in that respect because every log I've ever opened
up looked to be a gift from Him; every chip peeled off exactly as He
designed it to. Every finished bowl, pen, cup, plate and spindle proved His
mercy extends even to sinners toiling away in poorly lit basements with
inexpensive tools, no training and very little experience.

It seems impossible to love the Creator without also being fond of the
creation.

Bill