JAFO_InTraining

I am very new to woodturning. In fact, I ordered my Jet mini lathe last
night and haven't ever even used one. Amazon has them for $219.99 minus
a $25 instant savings on JET. That puts it at $195ish. They don't
charge tax and offer free shipping. I went ahead and splurged on the
extension. I'm not sure when or if I'll need it but what the heck. The
whole deal for $245.

As I said, I'm new to turning and am here to learn more than to
contribute. Hopefully, someday, I'll have something to contribute. For
now, I'll just post the above deal on the lathe.

By the way, I based much of my purchase decision on information
obtained on this site and from the article in Popular Woodworking that
Jgklr2732 mentions. They really like the VS model but said that the
basic is exactly the same without the variable speed option. I guess if
I feel the need to upgrade, I'll swap out the motor with a three phase
motor and use a variable frequency drive.

Eric T. in MN