Dugie

Wow! How long ago did you buy the house? If it's recent (a realtor can advise you), you have recourse over that
"...15 spent oil filters with TONS of oil on the ground in backyard behind shed."

This sounds like non-disclosure by the person who sold to you, and can be big trouble for that seller; and
hopefully, not you. This is not to mention environmental damage being done.

- Dugie

"Art" wrote in message
nk.net...
If you live in the US and the EPA hears about the burried oil, they will
make you and if your are lucky, the previous owner, pay to clean it up.

"Ringo Langly" wrote in message
om...
Hi all,

The person who owned my home before I did had a daughter who liked to
sneak out, so he put 7 screws into her window to prevent it from
opening. Now this room is my office and I'd like to open the room.
The problem is the screws are rusted over and when I try to drill them
out all it does is make a small dimple and the drill goes maybe a
milimeter and stops. I've tried to get a screwdriver or something
under the head, but nogo since there's no leverage. I've also tried
to make my own notches to get into the screws with a power screwdriver
or screwdriver bit on my drill, but the screws just turn since they're
just in a piece of aluminum and not in anything like wood.

Suggestions? I thought about getting a drimmel to see if I can saw
the screwhead off then drill from that point, but I was wondering if
anyone had other suggestions. I'm SO cussing the prior owner since he
did TONs of dumbass things like this (like leaving about 15 spent oil
filters with TONS of oil on the ground in backyard behind shed).

The screws from what I can tell are about #8x1 inch philips screws.

Thanks for any suggestions or ideas. Now that it's getting cooler I
am anxious to get some breeze into this part of the house Take
care, and happy holidays.

Ringo