zxcvbob

Ringo Langly wrote:

Hi all,

The person who owned my home before I did had a daughter who liked to
sneak out, so he put 7 screws into her window to prevent it from
opening. Now this room is my office and I'd like to open the room.
The problem is the screws are rusted over and when I try to drill them
out all it does is make a small dimple and the drill goes maybe a
milimeter and stops. I've tried to get a screwdriver or something
under the head, but nogo since there's no leverage. I've also tried
to make my own notches to get into the screws with a power screwdriver
or screwdriver bit on my drill, but the screws just turn since they're
just in a piece of aluminum and not in anything like wood.

Go to a good hardware store and ask for a left-handed drill bit.
Probably about a 3/32. Drill it out *slowly* with a variable speed
reversable drill, and the bit should catch and back out the screw.

Bob