Silvan

Tim wrote:

out. Numerous phones calls and emails and chat sessions with the
Verizon techs did not solve anything (The usual answer being to clear
my browser cache and power cycle the modem. Yeah, like I was not
smart enough to have already tried that myself).

Yeah, I love how my cable provider's answer to everything is to turn off the
computer and wait five minutes.

I felt that even pying the $250, I was saving money due to the loss of
aggrivation. I switched back to cable, and had no more problems.

I've never had to worry about making a choice, since I absolutely can't ever
get DSL unless I move. I've used it at enough remote locations to have a
feel for it though, and I think cable is worth the difference. Verizon DSL
is better than dial up when it works well, but cable IME is more than twice
as fast, and only half again as expensive.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/