Tom Storey

I bought some 'glitter' in a dispenser bottle, (I think it is mixed with
some sort of liquid glue) at the local Michael's Craft shop. It comes in
various colours. Depending on the crack, I fill the crack with the dispenser
nozzel then saturate the area with thin ca. This seems to hold just fine and
you can vary the colour to suit. The ca glue does not seem to affect the
glitter material and, so far, it has worn well. I have not tried this with
larger cracks or pits but I cannot see why it wouldn't work just as well.

If it is a bottle stopper I'm making, I finish it with water borne lacquer
and this puts a layer of finish over the filling. I finish other forms with
more traditional coverings such as blo and thinner and this works ok.

I have tried filling cracks with key filings and I have found that this
works best on small cracks; didn't look good at all on larger cracks, pits
and voids.

fwiw, Tom

--
Remove the 'p' from 'shaw' to e-mail me.
"Keith Young" wrote in message
Hi

Looking for additional Knowledge! Newbie here!
What do most of you people use to fill cracks? i,ve tried filling with the
sawdust and crazy glue. Problem is the glue is very hard to sand
afterwards.Can you tell me some of your techniques.
Also do you alway try to glue the cracks before they expand further.

Thanks
Keith