Cliff

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 08:37:32 GMT, "Joe Halbleib"
wrote:

Just because it's a right.

Given to you by whom exactly why?

Inalienable. Bestowed by "Nature's God" as put forth in the Declaration

of
Independence. The Constitution and the Bill of Rights only enumerate some
of our rights to stress their importance. They do not enumerate them.

Let me say that a little better...

The Constitution and Bill of Rights call out certain important rights. They
do not exactly enumerate them. There are more than appear in these two
documents.

I apologize for typing a little quicker than I ought.

No problem.

But "Only to stress their importance" implies that the "Bill of
Rights" is redundant.

The current administration would no doubt agree with you.

IF a "right"is not so spelled out (like the right of the States
to regulate who may have guns and how that are to be used)
do you have any such "rights"?
Why would some need to be enumerated but not others?

NOW you have a problem ...... GGG
--
Cliff