Jane Sitton

Nan wrote:
On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 19:04:40 +1100, "Viviane"
scribbled:

This has me baffled too. What's wrong with the detergent you use? Is the
machine not effective. I also find that drying the clothes in fresh air and
with sunlight helps, but that is probably something most yanks would have
difficulty understanding since you tend to overuse your clothes driers. Why
stuff up the environment to dry your clothes when it can be done naturally.

"most yanks". Hmmmmm.
At any rate, drying clothing outdoor is not recommended for people who
suffer outdoor allergies.
Where we live, outdoor lines aren't allowed by management, but I do
get away with putting it up and taking it down each time I use it.
People living in apartments, condos and the like also cannot line dry.
Try to understand not everyone is trying to stuff up the environment!

Nan

I used to line dry when I was a stay at home mom. Now I work, and hubby
is disabled. He has limited range of motion in his arms, neck, and
back, so line drying is out. It is all he can do just to get a load to
the dryer. My son is too short to hang things to dry, but I guess my
daughter could. However, we now have a dog who goes nuts when he hears
sheets snapping in the breeze, and rips them off the line in an attempt
to kill them, I guess.

--Jane