George

So the database derived from maps failed you. Do you think the maps
themselves would have done better?

In praise of the postal people, the information they furnished mapquest on
the location of the post office bearing our zip code is 35 years old and
three and a half miles away.

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 23:01:50 -0500, Silvan
wrote:

Mark & Juanita wrote:

people may be able to cross over or under the interstate that

dead-ended
the road I was to follow. I was able to gaze through the fence, across
the interstate to the other end of my route but had no way of getting
there
from the directions I was provided. So, with the exception of

Same thing with Street Atlas USA. They told me they use the maps

provided
by various localities, and sometimes these maps include roads that were
planned, but never built.

Yep, I think in my case the cross-over is planned, but it will be
sometime when I'm a little-old old person.

Locally, they show a road connecting two points, but actually you have to
drive about 20 miles out of the way, all but three of them on gravel

roads,
to reach the other side of that imaginary mile-long line.

Ouch!