Andrew McKay

Default what smells under my tree?

On Sun, 6 Jul 2003 00:09:15 +0100, "a" wrote:

I decided against risking the chainsaw I mentioned a week or so ago and have
been hacking away at the roots of this big tree. Today I finally managed to
topple it (surprisingly easy - no roots going down, all were going outwards
maybe due to the high clay content of the ground?)

Different tree types have different root patterns. Some spread out,
others go down. That is one reason why in gale force winds some tree
types are susceptible to lose their grip on the earth and fall over
(you don't want one of those in your garden).

Andrew

Do you need a handyman service? Check out our
web site at http://www.handymac.co.uk