Serendipity

Viviane wrote:

This has me baffled too. What's wrong with the detergent you use? Is the
machine not effective. I also find that drying the clothes in fresh air and
with sunlight helps, but that is probably something most yanks would have
difficulty understanding since you tend to overuse your clothes driers. Why
stuff up the environment to dry your clothes when it can be done naturally.

If I'm not mistaking, the OP has pets that creates odours on certain
washable items that they need an odour eliminator. I've never used the
product in question so can't really comment on it. With respect to
using clothes dryers, those with allergies, asthma, or other respiratory
disorders are well advised to use a clothes dryer rather than hanging
clothes on the line outdoors. Outdoor allergens such a moulds and
pollens create a real problem. While a clothes line is frugal, not
everyone can use one. Aside of the health issues, certain rental units
prohibit outdoor clothes lines as does some new subdivisions and condo
units. Another problem is weather. We had a very wet and cool summer
and autumn, not very conducive to drying clothes outdoors. It has been
wet or damp with heavily cloudy skies here for the past two weeks, again
not very conducive to drying clothes outdoors. Few of us can go two or
three weeks without doing laundry. Wet and damp conditions are perfect
breeding gounds for moulds and mildews that are not only potententially
dangerous allergens but also destroy perfectly good clothes! In the
winter, clothes freeze on the lines without actually getting dry and if
you are really lucky an ice storm with blow up to freeze them again. DH
isn't too fond of putting on frozen skivies Better yet is when the
birds leave their calling card and you have to start all over again.

Oh, and I'm not a yank either. I dry my clothes in a clothes dryer
though because that is what is dictated by my situation. Please don't
judge everyone here with one paint brush!

"Bill Seurer" wrote in message

Otter wrote:

1. Does any know of a substitute for Febreze Laundry additive that works
just as well ?

Normal laundry detergent. If you have to add stuff to get smells out then
you are doing something wrong in washing. Are you overloading the washer?
Using hard water? Is your washer about to die? What detergent are you
using?
--

-Bill