Steve@carolinabreezehvac

"Greg O" wrote in message

"Tekkie" wrote in message
t...
Steve@carolinabreezehvac posted for all of us....

Thanks, Steve,

Ok, I understand what the function is of the outside stats. I will look

up
your references, just having major brain block. I can't get it through

my
thick skull how running a heat pump at say 50 deg & extracting the heat

out
of it can be more than 100% efficient. Let me do a little more research

and
thinking so I get back on track. Am I confusing efficiency with COP?
--
Tekkie

How can you cool the home with 90 degree outside air? Same thing, only
backwards.

It is confusing! But as long as the money spent to get heat through a heat
pump is less per BTU than any other energy source what differance does it
make?
A heat pump will produce heat into very low temps, most will still see

some
heat even as low as 50F. The problem arises when the cost to get this heat
costs more than electric resistance heat, of fossil fuel. Also it is much
harder, more costly, to recover this heat as the outdoor air temps fall.
Greg

Its in the 40s here right now, and the electric strips havent been on
yet...and wont for a while...