Andy Asberry

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 22:28:07 -0800, "Magnusfarce"
wrote:

It's time to replace my old circular saw and I see that there are saws with
blades on both sides. The saws with blades on one side appear to be for
framing, and the others, I guess, are for general work. The old Porter
Cable I inherited has the blade on the right side, and this is what I'm used
to. Thinking about typical uses, I see advantages and disadvantages for
each. Can someone tell me more about the differences? BTW, I'm right
handed.

- Magnusfarce

If the saw directs the sawdust out the side of the blade housing,
using a right blade/right hand would direct it away from the user.