On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 06:25:53 +0800, Old Nick
wrote:

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 18:21:02 -0000, "Sam Berlyn"
vaguely proposed a theory
......and in reply I say!:

Hi,

I am using the 7 x 2' area at the and of my garage as my "wokshop".

Which makes me say _again_ that you need to avoid the big, expensive
tools, and start with stuff that is portable, versatile, and allows
the purchase of more basic startup stuff.

I am not trying to knock your hobby. I see a lot of "Congratulations.
Go for it" posts here, so I hope that people are not feeling that I am
a nay-sayer.

I do honestly feel that using up your limited (???) budget on junk
machines that make you feel god but which are crappy will disappoint
for all the reasons I laid out before.

BTW. 7' * 2'? That's _small_. I actually see safety concerns there.

I suspect that the 2' dimension is adjacent to an open space that
*belongs* to a car, but can be used for standing room...