jim rozen

In article , Ed Huntress says...

People who haven't done a lot of shooting tend to overestimate the value of
having a lot of shots available, and wildly underestimate the value of being
a good shot, and so well-trained that you do your thing automatically,
without thinking. What you need is to be a good shot and well-trained. More
shots won't help if you're not.

The "spray and pray" approach to life. Works best wtih real large magazines.
What I *don't* get is the fact that the magazine wars are ignoring a
pivotal fact - that one can swap out a magazine in seconds. They're
designed to change out fast.

The range where we shoot has a 5-shot limit, you only load 5 shots
at a time. My daughter lines up the magazines, each with five
rounds in them - and can shoot about 50 rounds with a bolt action
in the time it takes me to load and fire 15 rounds from a lever
gun with a tubular magazine.

I still think the hmong guy in WI could have done the same job
just as well with a lever gun in 30-30.

Jim

please reply to: