buck

Default After Grinding Roughing Gouge ....

I bought the Windsor HSS chisel set from HF and as a novice they should be
more than enough due to my skill level. I am currently sharpening them on a
white grinding wheel freehand and they come out so/so with no facets and a
fairly close bevel. Not great by any means but they do cut wood. Probably
laughable by most standards, but it's a start. My question is..... should I
be fine tuning the bevel on a stone when done grinding? I suppose it
couldn't hurt but is it normal to do this or am I just wasting my time?
Also the one inch "roughing gouge as it was called" is not straight across
the top when looking straight down of it, as I have seen other ones but
sweeps back on the sides more like a spindle gouge.... is this normal?

-Woodturning 101