Gary R. Lloyd

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 16:03:41 GMT, bill
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

Gary R. Lloyd CMS
HVACR Troubleshooting Books/Software
http://www.techmethod.com

With these "credentials," it's darkly amusing that you know so little about
building science :-) I'm only one of thousands of engineers and architects
around the world who recommend reducing air leakage in houses. You might
correct your lonely arrogant ego-filled ignorance by taking an ASHRAE short
course on ventilation or joining the Society of Building Science Educators
(SBSE). They have a nice web site.

Nick

Well, you genius engineers seem to have IAQ problems and sick building
syndrome everywhere, regardless of climate.
When you fix your **** poor implimentation of IAQ that has caused more
problems than it's solved you get back to us.

Anything that is politically motivated is highly suspect. The mixture
of science and politics is giving science a bad name.

I am not necessarily opposed to tight construction, and would
encourage experimentation, but not legislation, in this area.

A measurement is worth a thousand calculations. Show me the real
numbers, preferably presented by someone without a political ax to
grind, or by someone who is honest enough to set the politics aside.

First comes health, then comfort, then energy savings, preferably
expressed as payback on investment.

If the strategy lives up to its billing, homeowners will want it, with
or without legislation.