Dave

Hi Sam,

You'll learn much more by watching a skilled carpenter/joiner than with
books or even at college. I'm in Cornwall so too far away to help you but
would if you were nearer. You certainly have the right attitude and seem
very keen, which is a rare thing to find in an apprentice nowadays!

By the way, because of your age make certain that your parents meet and take
details of anyone 'taking you out for the day/week' I don't mean to sound
condescending but there could be a risk.

David

p.s. good luck

"Sam Berlyn" wrote in message
Hi All,

As I am only 13, I am struggling to find anywhere that I can get tuition,
other than at school in my CDT lesson, which is 45mins. shared between 30
pupils, one lesson per week. I am clearly not going to progress very fast
there! My teacher has offered me a great opportunity, to go on a

residential
course at Easter for 4 days and do woodworking etc. I am going to do to

take
this opportunity and go for it. I really want to have lessons as well
though..

Does anyone know of anyone in NE London, UK who would be willing to do
tutoring?

Does anyone know of any good "teach yourself" websites for woodworking?

Thanks,

Sam