Speedy Jim

Raymond J. Johnson Jr. wrote:
SNIP
Well, it *was* the aerator. After I thought about it for a minute, it
seem to be the only possible answer. The aerator was clogged with a bit
of some sort of metallic debris. Being that the new faucet got clogged
almost as soon as I turned it on, I removed the aerator and just let the
water run for a while to see what else might show up. Then I went in the
basement and looked at all of the water pipes I could see, and
discovered a galvanized pipe with a pinhole-sized corrosion leak, which
might well have been the source of the problem. Thanks to Speedy Jim for
the answer.

Start putting pennies in the piggy-bank; your 50 yr old galv
is due for replacement.

Jim