TURTLE

"derek" wrote in message
.191...

Talk about sticking my foot in it!!
I think they really misunderstood where I was coming from on this. Thanks
for offering to help on this.
Can you give me any pointers on what to check.

Thanks
Derek

This is Turtle.

When you come here for to talk about hvac repair it is welcomed for a bunch of
the hvac group will come over here and answer when they will not at alt.hvac .

It sounds like you have a very simple problem of lack of air supply to the
furnace or a restriction of the vent pipe to roof. Before I can give you a good
answer. You will have to give me a Model and serial number of the furnace for me
to know what furnace I'm dealing with. You need a good air supply to come into
the furnace area from out doors and a very good supply opening to let the burnt
vapors out to the outter doors. When you get a sometime roll out, you have a
problem with this. It is very windy here in Louisiana and i would say it is very
windy in Fla. and I will say this because of it being windy in Fla.. Now there
is one that could be is if it is windy out doors, your roof vent cap or pipe is
not mounted high enough to not have a down draft to blow the flames out of the
fire chamber and burn the wires. Still this is concidered as a air supply
problem.

Now they do have a burn fuse used for roll out $.98 found at any appliance parts
houses and is used on all electic heater and even toasters. Put this fuse in the
24 volt supply voltage to the gas valve and it will cut it off before it has
time to burn the wires. Now you can go to a Goodman / Amana supply house and get
a roll out flame button for about $15.00 and it will have a reset button on it
to reset it evertime it trips.

Post the Model & Serial number and also the brand name if possible. I can go by
model number but sometime it's hard to tell on old models.

You have a simple Air supply problem.

TURTLE