Robert Rolleston

I have seen this done with water heaters and furnaces but they have steel
beams or multiple boards nailed togeting resting on the house frame to
suppor the load resting on the house frame to support the weight.
"David Martel" wrote in message
ink.net...
default,

It's not clear whether you're responding to my post or the original
post. Since the OP is contemplating a new furnace cleaning, lubricating,
and balancing the fans should be unnecessary. The actual question under
discussion is whether suspending the new furnace from the rafters is a
good idea and will decrease the perceived vibration/noise in his living
spaces.
I'm not happy with this idea since roof rafters usually aren't meant to
support this weight. 2 courses of shingles and a couple of snow storms
could cause the roof to collapse.

Dave M.