Chris F.

I tested the flyback by means of a homemade flyback tester, as described in
the S.E.R FAQ. Flyback produced almost no output at all when connected to
the rig. Also, I noticed a faint odor of burnt epoxy (a smell very common to
Sony flybacks!), so I'm 99% certain that the flyback is bad at this point.
Thanks for the info, if I can get the PS to start up, I might order a
flyback and see what happens. Flyback retails for about $40 Cdn....

"Rono" wrote in message
Don, the kit has 2- 2SC4834, the 2SD4927, & the 0.1 ohm fusible
resistor! $ 12.00 approx. Canadian! There may be only one VDR
in the unit, but i doubt it! VDR601 # 1-807-288-11, and VDR602 & 603 #
1-810-973-21!!
Flyback is likely good! The drive capacitor by the horizontal drive
transformer has to be polarized (electrolytic), in order for it needing
to be replaced! Sony is definetly worth repair, as long as the CRT is
good! The best T.V. around in my opinion! Below is the company I
usually get parts from! Good luck, Rono.

www.globalsemi.com
Ther'e in Mississauga, Ontario 1-800-668-8776