Silvan

Larry Blanchard wrote:

OK, as a dialup customer, the term "provision a modem" is new to me. Was
ist?

Setting the thing up for the first time, basically. You don't just take it
out of the box, plug it in, and get online. You have to jump through some
hoops to prove who you are. I imagine this is especially true for cable
modems, since the cable company has no way of knowing who you are except by
the MAC address of the modem you're using.

I don't understand the inner workings of the process or I never would have
spent four hours screwing with reinstalling Windows (because I had to feed
it all those stupid driver CDs to get it running well enough to run the
setup program) just to do this.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/