James Lerch

On 26 Nov 2004 16:29:01 -0800, (Ries) wrote:

I have done this a lot- but I have used storebought tools that I
actually paid cash money for.
I use two different tools to do this type of thing-
A hossfeld bender- hossfeld makes flat bar edge bending dies for their
angle iron flange in die setup, and it works quite well for exactly
this sort of job. It actually uses a wedge configuration that tightens
down on the metal the harder you pull, so you can bend flat bar the
hard way in radiuses from about 6" to 36" or larger.

Reis,

On your dies with wedge, are all three rollers identical, or do only
the outside radius rollers have the wedge?

Any chance you could post / email some pictures of the various dies?

Take Care,
James Lerch
http://lerch.no-ip.com/atm (My telescope construction, Testing, and Coating site)

Press on: nothing in the world can take the place of perseverance.
Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.
Calvin Coolidge