Larry Jaques

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 23:14:35 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
calmly ranted:

Hey, if the hordes are going to do something bad when the gas stops flowing,
you need a plan. And 20 rounds just isn't going to cut it. g

There are 40 rounds preloaded into mags but I didn't mention just
how large (or small) my cache of copper jacketed persuasion was,
Ed. I'll leave that to your already vivid imagination.

The price was a whopping $8.99 each for a couple S&W 15-rd mags.
I happily would have bought 20- or 30-rd mags if they'd had them.
The hi-cap mags were $3 each cheaper than the stock 10-rd mags.

Having a gun means being able to defend yourself when necessary,
and hoping that never becomes a reality. Your 45 proves that you
take that at least somewhat seriously. (It's not a 22.)

I grew up in CA where earthquakes were a part of life. We had a
little minor damage along the way, but it showed us that being
prepared for life's little bothers was an easy way to prevent
them from becoming major life threats. This is no different.

I bought my 9mm primarily for protection in the wilds when I hike
and take photographs. The potential hordes sped my purchase. If
you wish to think of that as being paranoid, go right ahead (and
be mistaken.)

P.S: I opted for a V-8 in my pickup when I ordered it new because
it was a safer engine. More power = easier on-ramp performance
and collision avoidance features. Does that choice make me nutz,
too? BTW, the V-8 got better gas mileage than the inline 6 they
used to offer (19mpg for the 302 vs. 18mpg for the 300cid I-6).

PESSIMIST: An optimist with experience
www.diversify.com - Web Database Development