Doug

One thing I totally forgot to mention. I recall this happening last year.
When priming the carb, I found that sometimes some gas would come out from
the carb area. I know this probably means there's an air leak or something.

Sorry for not mentioning it sooner before replies, but it happened last year
and just slipped my mind. I have to take the cover off the engine (the cover
that Troy Bilt puts on) and see if I can see where the gas is coming from.
I'll report back on this.

Thanks again for all the replies.

Doug

"Doug" wrote in message
. com...
Bought a new snow thrower last year, and have had this problem since day
one.

The engine is a Tecumseh HMSK 80-110 on a Troy Bilt Storm snow thrower. It
starts just fine, but pops out of the exhaust as it's running. Then at
times, it will run very rough, with the idle going up and down, then
stall. I find that if I play with the choke, I can usually keep it from
stalling.

So, it looks like some kind of gas flow problem or maybe a timing problem.
I plan on replacing the spark plug, but have no clue if there are any
adjustments I can make on the carb (or how to get the cover off! This is a
Troy Bilt Thrower).

If responding to me directly, please take out "REMOVE" from my e-mail
address.

Thanks!
Doug