MC

One of the biggest problems I have with most folks is misunderstanding how a
microwave works, My mother-in-law refuses to get one thinking the radiation
is going to poison her food.

The term radiation is technically correct, but the term often used "Nuking"
should have never been used. The radiation is just high powered radio waves
generated in the microwave frequency range, absolutely harmless as long as
no leaks around the door and other shielding during operation, should stand
away at least 3 feet while cooking to be safe just in case. There is no form
of nuclear radioactive material in the units.

"Travis Jordan" wrote in message
. ..
wrote:
* WARNING *

- STOP NOW -

Whatever you are trying to do, DO NOT DO IT !!!
NEVER touch one of these things wiht your bare hands.
They contain nuclear radiation, and should never be touched without
special protection. Leave this job to the professionals who have the
proper protective clothing and equipment.

Either a misinformed person, or a troll.