Don Lee

Seems like the Canadian action only covers for replacement and leaks from
the acetal joints which apparantly are rare. There is really not much I can
do about the infloor tubings since the only way to replace them would be
jack hammering the whole house !! Oxygen permeability seems to be the
biggest concern. Again, not much I can do about that until the boiler
leaks. I wonder if oxygen scavengers/rust inhibitors would help.

"Michael Baugh" wrote in message
U.S. version is at
http://www.kinsella.com/polybutylene/propset.shtml
and Canadian action is a variant on it
http://www.canadalawbook.ca/OAPCaseS...CWSJ3d690.html
If I were using it as part of a hot water recirculation system, I'd have
some concerns. Even if it weren't delivering water of 180 degrees.
http://www.grassroots.ca/homeowner_h..._pipes_v2.html

Don Lee wrote in message
My 14 yo house has polybutylene tubings running in the floor for

hydronic
heating. So far, there has not been any leaks attributed to them, and

the
boiler is original. Any concerns? What is the outcome of the class

action
re. polybuts in Canada?

--

remove 'nospam' for correct email address