Don

Hi,

Rono wrote in message
Q 601, & 602 are 2SC4834, the horizontal output is 2SD4927,

This sounds much like a KV32S22 I'm tinkering with
("dead", no picture, no stdby code, etc.) -- though I would
have to check the P/N of the HOT to be sure.

I believe, replace VDR601-603 also, Sony Sp-Kit, has these

Hmmm... I only see *one* VDR in this set ("G" board).
What does this "kit" include -- just the 2 chopper Q's plus HOT?
How/where can it be purchased? (any idea of cost?)

parts but VDR's are seperate! 1.0 ohm fusible is also bad! Solder

Yes, I see R607 (0.1ohm) is open.

all around the horizontal drive circuitry, replace electrolytic capacitor
by the drive transformer, if this unit has one! Rono.

Hmmm... several electrolytics in proximity to the HDT. A small 0.47uF
in series with the base of the HDrive transistor, perhaps?

I suspect I should also check the flyback? Or, is all this just
a colossal waste of time (and money!) -- maybe just toss the set?
(seems that everyone I know who has owned a Sony TV has
had it die in 4 - 6 years)

Thanks for any insights!
--don

"Chris F." wrote in message
I bought this nice set from a guy who used to work in an electronics

shop.
He obviously gave it a going-over, nothing appears messed up but he did
leave three transistors missing: Q601, Q602, and the horizontal output
transistor. The first two are located side-by-side on a heatsink, on the
primary side of the switching power supply. Testing of the flyback

indicates
an internal short - probably the original cause of the set's failure.
If anyone could tell me the numbers of these transistors (or provide

me
with a scan of the schematic) I'd be very grateful.
Thanks.