res055a5

don't get the grizzly mini lathe. if you get a Jet, the 1014 model looks
nice..with or without variable speed.
but i would get them something that will be "hard to break" and then limit
what they can turn on it...maybe
by just getting them small tools?
rich
"Millers" wrote in message
Well, I went and did it and now I'm stuck. I took the boys out to the
shop and started teaching them to turn. Now they want their own lathe!
Grandpa says maybe that'll be on the Christmas list, but I gotta
figure out what flavor so what is the collective wisdom here? How do
folks like the Delta Midi, Jet Mini, etc. We're talking the $250 - $300
range, so the Oneway midi is out. Alas.

I want a 10" swing. An extensible bed is nice but not manditory. Also
want it to be portable so I can carry it outside in the summer.

So, any comments, recomendations, and horror stories welcome...

...Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
http://www.alaska.net/~atftb