Gunner

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 17:04:03 -0800, "PrecisionMachinisT"
wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
"Gunner" wrote in message

The following are taken from the Oxford English Dictionary, and
bracket in time the writing of the 2nd amendment:

Damn. And I didn't even know you had one. Next time I need a definition

from
the OED, I won't have to ask Guido anymore. d8-)

Ed,

I have some doubt as to them having ever been in that dictionary to begin
with.

Google is your friend.

While you are looking it up, be sure to look up the definition of the
word "Gay" for the same time period.

You will not find any mention of homosexuality until the 1960s being
included in that term.

The language changes over time, so you must know the meaning of words
used in that time period, not as they are used today.

Gunner

Come shed a tear for Michael Moore-
Though he smirked and lied like a two-bit whore
George Bush has just won another four.
Poor, sad little Michael Moore

Diogenes