Jim Ley

Default Making a ruin into something habitable.

On Sun, 3 Aug 2003 04:31:23 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"Jim Ley" wrote in message
No I don't think many people think the UK's planning laws make much
sense, but I don't think the pro-reform is enough of an issue
considering the opposition to anything that makes it easier to build
new on greenfield sites from certain groups. So we're stuck with
nothing happening.

That's exactly what large landowners want. The status quo as they are doing
very nicely thank you.

I can't believe that the number of "planning gain" backhanders you
have to do to get any project off the ground is surely grounds for the
landowners to want easier planning, after all it eats into a lot of
profit...

Jim.