Cliff

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 21:02:59 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

Of troops: properly disciplined.

Yeah, there are enough other historical examples and references to make it
clear that a "well regulated militia" meant one that was trained and
disciplined. Gunner really isn't off the mark with his definition. I just
get a kick out of him quoting the OED. g

Which makes me wonder what happened to drilling on the village green.

Looks like the wingers blew it up.
The tragedy of the commons, right?

That's
how they disciplined militias. If we're a militia, we ought to be out there
marching around and presenting arms, and all that stuff. Nobody has
suggested doing close-order drill to me since I was around 11.

Some of us may have been in the cub scouts .....
--
Cliff