Larry Jaques

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 15:33:15 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
calmly ranted:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

Remember what Thomas Jefferson had to say about that?
"The man who would choose security over freedom deserves neither."

So, if 20-shot magazines are what people buy for personal security, what do
they then deserve?

What freedom do they give up by purchasing 20-rounders, sir?

Why does society deserve comity?

Because other people live here, too. Close to 300 million of them. And it's
their country as much as it is yours.

What business is it of theirs what I store my ready ammo in?
You forget that when the **** hits the fan, these comity deservers
all flock to those who HAVE the larger magazines, don't you?
"Save us, Sir Whacko! We never bought guns thinking they were bad."

Especially the way they're reacting
to our government, which knowingly brings terrorism to our doors.

Well, then, convince them that they're all stupid, and that they should make
you king.

Oh, yeah? Well, when _I'm_ king, I'll...

So running around with 3 full clips is sane while having one with the
same (or less) capacity is insane?

If I ever had to run around with three full magazines, which is unlikely in
the extreme, I wouldn't worry about what people thought. When people run
around in the woods with 20-shot magazines, I assume they're a little nutz.
And I believe that's a common, as well as a generally accurate, perception.

In the last post you said you had one in the gun and two in your
pockets. Your paragraph above this comment could be right out of a
Michael Moore movie, y'know? He uses the same "sane" talk about
himself and uses the "run around in the woods" and "nutz" type terms
on others he doesn't like.

I have no fear of larger magazines. But I think you could do a psychological
profile of the people who own them, and it wouldn't be a pretty sight. That
isn't science. That's politics, and common sense, and experience.

There wouldn't be too many "pretty" profiles on anyone I've seen in
politics, power, or money. AAMOF, I don't think a pretty profile
would be found anywhere. We're all nuts, each in our own way.

Ta!

PESSIMIST: An optimist with experience
www.diversify.com - Web Database Development