Spehro Pefhany

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 01:32:16 +0000, the renowned Guido
wrote:

Ed Huntress wrote:

If you haven't seen that quote of Gunner's before, it's been floating around
the Internet for at least 15 years, that I know of.

Sometimes the people you'd least expect pop up with those "examples" from
the OED. I'm often amazed at the people who are so devoted to lexicography
that they'll spend $1,500 for a set of dictionaries. g

Mine cost $15 20+ years ago.

Mine (the 2-volume "Compact" version with 4 of the previous pages on
each page (photographically reduced) came with a magnifying glass and
I think it cost around $200 25 years ago. It's great except for
relatively new words (for example "quisling").

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany