Ed Huntress

"PrecisionMachinisT" wrote in message

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
"Gunner" wrote in message

The following are taken from the Oxford English Dictionary, and
bracket in time the writing of the 2nd amendment:

Damn. And I didn't even know you had one. Next time I need a definition

from
the OED, I won't have to ask Guido anymore. d8-)

Ed,

I have some doubt as to them having ever been in that dictionary to begin
with.

If you haven't seen that quote of Gunner's before, it's been floating around
the Internet for at least 15 years, that I know of.

Sometimes the people you'd least expect pop up with those "examples" from
the OED. I'm often amazed at the people who are so devoted to lexicography
that they'll spend $1,500 for a set of dictionaries. g

BTW, Amazon has the 2nd Edition on sale now for $900. Hurry while supplies
last.

Ed Huntress