Dee

He might be ill, or has spread himself too thin and isn't the most direct
person in the world and doesn't know how to tell you.
I can't imagine he'd go off and leave expensive items behind. At some point
after being left behind, property becomes abandoned. The person in whose
care it is must make a concerted effort, more than one attempt via certified
mail, to put the owner on notice before dispensing with the property.
But that's way down the road, if it happens at all, and it probably won't.
It's only been a couple days, right? I know you want your work completed,
but give it a few more days. I'm sure you'll hear from him.
(Can you reach him by phone?)

Yup... not good at all. I have the impression that he has abandoned the job.
I will obviously give him some time to get back to me, but what about in
regards to his stuff if he never calls back? how much time should I give

him
before I get someone to finish the job and what do I do with the stuff he
left?