MC

Please be very carefull, there is very high voltage that feeds the magnatron
unit, can even hold a charge in the capacitor.
Would be best if had some small applicance repair and electronics background
when working on these units at that level.

MC

"Chris" wrote in message
"Travis Jordan" wrote in
:

jeff wrote:
Chris wrote in message
Hello:

I am wondering if anyone can provide instructions on removing a
magnetron from a GE 'over the range' Spacesaver microwave (model
JVM1631WB).

I am able to remove the control panel and drain the capacitor,
however, I am not certain of the best way to gain access to the
magnetron, which I assume is located behind the main cooling fan.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Chris

Hi,

Somehting here may help....

http://p204.ezboard.com/fmikemerritt...ge?topicID=274
.topic

jeff.
Appliance Repair aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Jeff - Just read the link. I'm really impressed with the work you put
into helping a fellow 'netizen with repairing his microwave.

Just thought I'd say 'thank you' for taking the time to help us all
out.

Hey Jeff!

Your message was AWESOME! I am glad I posted to this group and even
happier to find your reply!

Two questions:
1. I take it you _must_ remove the unit from the wall to replace this
magnetron?
2. My problem seems to be a loud hum/sparking located in the area of the
microwave directly behind the main capacitor...I am assuming that this is
the typical 'GE magnetron issue'. Do you agree?

God bless.

Chris