Guido

Ed Huntress wrote:

"Guido" wrote in message

Jeez, and you guys don't even KILL the damned foxes. g

public support, been seen as part of the national tapestry,
part of the culture.

Well, there was always something perverse about it, anyway...all that effort
to chase something you aren't even going to eat. d8-)

The argument just became silly, and ranged from

"We don't kill many foxes most get away"
"We've need to control the number of foxes"
"Its a social thing we aren't really interested in
killing foxes, its about riding over the countryside
with hounds"
"Drag hunting (where a trail is laid for the hounds
to follow) isn't the same as there is no fox."

there is a quaint custom in on some of the farms that
surround me, where they shoot a fox and tie its carcass to
the farm gates. Now that is ****ing weird.