Owain

"Andy Wade" wrote
| Dave Liquorice wrote:
| And if you have to run longish speaker cables it may well be
| better to do it at 100v line rather than ordinary LoZ stuff.
| Apart from losses in the cable the amp might object to the
| much more reactive load.
| ... If you're worried about the amplifier 'ringing' or
| bursting into oscillation then the low-Z system is the
| safer bet.

If there are seriously long speaker cables then lump loading would be
required to correct for the cable lengths.

| In reality though, with a half-decent amplifier it's only the
| series resistance of the speaker wiring that matters, and there
| of course the 100 V line system wins hands down if it's a long
| way from A to B.

As well as making it a lot easier to use multiple speakers without faffing
about with series/parallel oojits.

However the 12V power supply does suggest we are talking about Pony Club in
the paddock rather than International Horse Show at Olympia.

Owain