mac davis

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 11:43:28 -0700, wrote:

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 18:21:02 -0000, "Sam Berlyn"
wrote:

Hi,

I am using the 7 x 2' area at the and of my garage as my "wokshop". I need
to rig up some sort of dust extraction. I am trying to get my hands on a s/h
vacuum cleaner, that I could plug into my power tools (jigsaw, sander,
router) and use to clear up sawdust from the floor when woking with hand
tools etc.
Is this a good move, as it seems to be OK.

Cheers,

Sam

it's a good start.
also consider working with the garage door open, with a strong fan at
your back. some tools resist dust extraction... sanders come to
mind... and just getting the dust outdoors is probably your best bet.

damn, something that I forgot to suggest to sam... your comment about
sanding rolled the fog back!
A sanding box (shallow box with pegboard top and connection for shop
vac) really helps with that fine dust...
I was amazed how well mine worked,,