Bert Coules

Phil,

If they are not right up into the corner won't they simply do the same
job as flush sockets, but stick out more? Or am I missing something?

The pyramidal sockets can either go where you describe or lower, at the
angle between the worktop surface and the wall; but in fact I'm still
undecided between using them and conventional flush mounted sockets; hence
the discussion about false walls and hollow-wall mounting boxes.

Didn't someone else (andy?) say that putting them there causes
reflections off the worktop? That does sound likely to me. I have mine
as near the front as possible, just behind the pelmet...

That makes sense, but my units don't have a pelmet (and would look slightly
odd with one fitted, I think.) What about downlighters set into the base of
the wall units? Are there any shallow enough? I suppose I could fit false
cupboard floors to cover the lights and cabling.

.... err, just behind where the pelmet will be when I get round to fitting

it!

Sorry, that strikes no chord with me at all. I have absolutely no idea what
you mean... (g)

Bert
http://www.bertcoules.co.uk