Ed Sirett

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 16:40:54 +0000, Broadback wrote:

Scenario: Very small bathroom, long edge of bath is beyond the window.
Any ideas on the possibility of fitting a shower screen? I realy do not
want to go down the shower curtain track!

I've encountered this a couple of times before.
First time I slipped a sheet of acrylic between the front surface of the
wall tiles and behind the post ofr the screen as I was fitting the screen.

The wall tiles were white and a little silicone was applied to the tiles
to make a seal. The plastic as then trimmed with some white plastic
edging. It was OK.

Next time the over-lap was a smaller proportion of the window and the
tiles were patterned and I would have had to get the acrylic sheet in.
So a fixed put a peice of ply over the half 'hole' and tiled it. The end in
the middle of the window recess (just past where screen would go)
had a 2x2 post in it (supporting the ply) allowing me to partially tile
the end aswell. This was neater IMHO.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk