Phil Addison

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 16:13:44 -0000, "Bert Coules"
wrote:

Phil,

Thanks for confirming about the fixings.

Be careful - if you have worktop lights (highly recommended) under the
cupboards, and pelmets at the front (~3" deep), you will have to stoop
to see what you are doing when you plug anything into high level
sockets.

I'll be placing the sockets at a height where that won't need to happen.

If they are not right up into the corner won't they simply do the same
job as flush sockets, but stick out more? Or am I missing something? I
thought they were meant for use under a shelf fitted above a workbench,
where the user is sat down and so can see them.

I'm having lights but no pelmet: I've seen a rather stylish range of lights
in individual pyramidal housings, designed to go in the angle where the
base of the wall unit meets the wall.

Didn't someone else (andy?) say that putting them there causes
reflections off the worktop? That does sound likely to me. I have mine
as near the front as possible, just behind the pelmet.... err, just
behind where the pelmet will be when I get round to fitting it!

Phil
The uk.d-i-y FAQ is at http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/
Remove NOSPAM from address to email me