Ed Huntress

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 23:18:34 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
calmly ranted:

This is an
off-the-reservation thing to say, but I believe they should be

sacrificed
in
the name of sanity and social comity.

Remember what Thomas Jefferson had to say about that?
"The man who would choose security over freedom deserves neither."

So, if 20-shot magazines are what people buy for personal security, what do
they then deserve?

Why does society deserve comity?

Because other people live here, too. Close to 300 million of them. And it's
their country as much as it is yours.

Especially the way they're reacting
to our government, which knowingly brings terrorism to our doors.

Well, then, convince them that they're all stupid, and that they should make
you king.

Big magazines ARE very sensible.

Only to very strange people, Robert.

Yeah, strange and logical people who want to accomplish the job of

self-defense.

Well, maybe you have a scenario like the one Larry was talking about to
suggest to us. I feel quite comfortable with the standard magazine in my

..45
ACP, and a couple of loaded ones in my pocket. How many do you need to

feel
comfortable? Which hoard is out to get YOU?

So running around with 3 full clips is sane while having one with the
same (or less) capacity is insane?

If I ever had to run around with three full magazines, which is unlikely in
the extreme, I wouldn't worry about what people thought. When people run
around in the woods with 20-shot magazines, I assume they're a little nutz.
And I believe that's a common, as well as a generally accurate, perception.

The guy in question had 22 rounds
while you have 24-30 rounds at your immediate disposal. Time to look
at your real motives, Ed. What's driving this fear of larger mags?

'Time for you to listen to yourself, Larry. What do you think this is, a
philosophy debate? We're talking about POLITICS here, Larry. I realize you
have a rather strained view of what it takes to win or lose political
contests g, but that's what's going on here.

I have no fear of larger magazines. But I think you could do a psychological
profile of the people who own them, and it wouldn't be a pretty sight. That
isn't science. That's politics, and common sense, and experience.

Reread my post you keep referring to. I was referring to our OWN
population coming unglued and attacking each other, not Muslim hoardes
invading.

That's even nuttier than the Muslim hordes. Is that how libertarians think?
You worry about invading hordes of unglued Americans?

BTW, which post ARE you referring to? I'd like to know what
I said that caused you to misread it so completely.

It was the one where you were justifying 20-shot magazines because you might
need them if a horde invaded your house.

Ed Huntress