Chuck

On 15 Nov 2004 12:56:26 GMT, (Ghodges2) wrote:

One woman asked me if I bought the bowls and sold them. Another wanted to know
if I scooped them out with a knife. One wanted to know where Madagascar
rosewood was from.

Not exactly at a show, but I was showing some pieces to a saleswoman
at my local Saturn dealership, since she had expressed an interest in
them while we were in the process of buying our latest Saturn.
Anyhow, an older gentleman "greeter" was standing close at hand,
looking at the pieces as well, and was admiring a 10" cherry
semi-closed-form bowl. Holding it gingerly and turning it over in his
hands, he asked, "Did you ever think of painting people's names on
them, to personalize them?"

(Uggh!)

I said, "Uh, no, I don't think I'm going to be trying that."

--
Chuck *#:^)
chaz3913(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

September 11, 2001 - Never Forget