Bert Coules

Phil,

The only drawback that occurred to me about moving the base units away from
the wall is that some extra battening would presumably be required behind
the sides of the units for the fixings - that is, assuming that the standard
way of securing base units is by fixing the rear of the side panels to the
wall - is that right?

Dave,

I liked your angled fillet idea (didn't I say so at the time? If not, my
apologies) and it's still there in the list of possibilities.

Incidentally, the sample double socket I got from TLC is nicely made and
seems perfectly usable. All the fixings are concealed: the bolts which hold
the actual socket inserts into the stainless steel housing are hidden by the
push-fitting black plastic surround - as someone surmised earlier.

Bert
http://www.bertcoules.co.uk