Andy Cuffe

On 26 Nov 2004 04:17:43 -0800, (jake johnson)
wrote:

Yep... unfortunately, I've tried channel 0 and the others... and the
channel scan idea. I'm thinking I need to unplug the TV from the wall
plug until it loses its setup so that it can get powered up with the
DVD player connected and retry these ideas. The remote control does
have a 'source' button but its for the VCR section of the remote. It
has no effect in TV mode. I'm really surprised how tough this is.

Even though the source button in by the VCR controls, it should
operate the TV when the remote is in TV mode. Are you SURE it's the
TV's original remote? If it's a universal remote, it could be
programmed for the wring code. Have you looked in the menu for a
source selection? You could try calling Zenith customer service.
This shouldn't be that hard to figure out.

One unlikely possibility is that the setting in the service menu that
tells the TV which features it has got changed. I've seen this a
couple of times on Zenith TVs.
Andy Cuffe